VENKATESHWARA OPEN UNIVERSITY
ADMISSION POLICY FOR REGULAR (DISTANCE) COURSES
Admission Policy would be applicable for Regular Courses in 2017 – 18 Academic Session for Diploma, Under Graduate and Post Graduate Degree Programs.
- Students will collect the information through University website or Toll Free number according to their convenience.
- Students will collect the Admission form along with prospectus from the admission desk by paying of Rs. 500/- either by cash or account payee cheque.
- Admission desk will provide the counseling in case students refer for any inquiry for the admission.
- If the students are satisfied after counseling or getting relevant information through website or admission desk, then they will pay the relevant fees to the accounts section along with their original documents for maintaining file.
- In case of any Scholarship applicable to the students under the guideline of UGC or any statutory authorities, admission committee will follow the same.
- The admission for new academic session would be continued till August 2017 in case the seats are not filled in each discipline.
- In case of scrutinizing the documents for students, if any discrepancy arises or students will not pay the complete fees, the admission department may cancel the provisional admission as per the policy of the university.
- The students will only receive the permanent enrollment number after verification of their documents and paying the complete fees.
- In case of cancelling the admission after commencing the new academic session, students will have to follow the University policy for claiming their refund.
- Students will also fill the under taken form for Anti-Ragging as per the policy of the University under the statutory guideline.
Criteria for admission
- For 1 year Diploma program, merit criteria is (10+2) / 12th Std. examination in any stream or discipline.
- For 3 years Under Graduate Degree program, merit criteria is (10+2) / 12th Std. examination with the relevant background or stream.
- For 2 years Post Graduate Degree program, merit criteria are Graduation with relevant steam or discipline.
- For admission in Diploma and Undergraduate Degree program, student should submit 10th Std. and 12th Std. Certificates along with mark sheets.
- For admission in Under Graduate and Post Graduate Programs, students would submit the merit certificates of 10th and 12th Std. along with certificates and mark sheets of Graduation level only in the case of Post Graduate program.
- The student should submit the Transfer Certificates and Character Certificates from all the previous institutions along with photo and residential identities.